Tuesday, March 22, 2011

idea

well, I'm trying to come up with an idea! I want to post something German/American related once every week and I try to come up with a good name for it....I just don't have a clue what or how I should call it lol
Do you happen to have an idea? I want to write about things that strike my mind,that is very different when you are German married to an American:)
Well, hopefully I will come up with something...

First I want to participate in this for the first time:)

Wife of a Sailor has a great meme going for military spouses once a week. Go, have a look, participate and link up too!

1. What are some of your ideas for staying connected with family…you know, those people we moved thousands of miles away from? submitted by Live it. Love it (or not). Write About It.

I am German so for now, thank god, I'm still kind of close to family. My family is 4 hours away and we try to visit a lot. Right now, while my Schatzi is deployed, I also try to visit every now and then and when I'm home I talk to my mom on the phone every day:)
Right now I'm visiting family again, this time for a longer time of period( since end of February already!), because we are going to PCS really soon and it seems that we will be going to Texas next... So I use the opportunity that my family is still kind of close and as long as they still can see our little son grow up and spent time with us, I am more then happy to do so:)


2. What’s the most romantic gift you have GIVEN? submitted by Painting My Canvas

I would say the most romantic gift I have given was the engraved ring I gave my hubby when he was on his 1st deployment in Iraq. It was a good luck kind of talisman and he carried it with him on his dogtags. The engraving meant a lot and had meaning to both of us!


3. Would you encourage your child, if they came to you and wanted to join the military? submitted by http://www.perfectlyimperfectfam.blogspot.com/
Well to be honest I really hope that little Linus will never ever join the military! Even my husband says he should never ever have too! I think my blood just doesn't run red, white and blue enough for me to support that decision! I mean, I will support him with everything he wants to do and if that will be his choice in life, ok. But I won't be thrilled!! I am not patriotic enough ( mind me, I am still German) and the thought of having another one of my loved ones at war ,is not a great thought...


4. What is your least favorite bill to pay and why? submitted by A Little of This, A Little of That

I think my cell phone bill. I t is never very high and I love to have it, since it gives me the IPhone and the opportunity to be online all the time( Even when I'm out of the house or sleeping0. But still, just don't like it lol

5. What is the proudest moment you’ve had as a military spouse? submitted by Our Okinawa Life

I have several but I would say the proudest moment was,when my old FRG leader told me that everyone is talking about what a great job my husband is doing down range and that he is such a great soldier and I should be very proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment